Friday 14 December 2012

News from the Cottage III

Captain Beale and I have been very proud showing each other's books. I received mine last week and he got his just yesterday.

He wrote a fascinating account of his epic circumnavigation of Africa in a replica 8th century Indonesian trading vessel. I had a lot of work to do but I couldn't put the book down and almost finished it. I'm never gonna finish reading Lord Byron's biography either. New books keep piling on top of each other.

Take a look at Phoenicia's website to see more about it.




***
This year, Mr Moore and I have been very organized printing and sending our Christmas cards on time, and sticking the stamps on the envelopes I noticed that this year Axel Scheffler's drawings decorate them.  It has been one of my dreams always to design a stamp. One day... one day...




No comments: