Monday 26 September 2016

Old news: July, Bild-Werk Frauenau

For the sake of keeping some sense in this blog -and because it helps me remembering when I did what- I shall then update of what I've been doing this Summer.

After our very successful first Open Studio at the Dorset Art Weeks, I only had time to pack and go as Artist in Residence in Bild-Werk Frauenau where I spent a wonderful month in the company of my old friends and where I met some other artists and crazy people, all full of energy. I am so grateful for the invitation. I see my life now as before and after Bild-Werk. What a place!


My friend Vera and I had the whole printing studio to ourselves. She was on fire printing non-stop, but for me, the process is slower. It took me two weeks to start actually making something worth to be hang on the walls.



My idea this year was to dedicate most of the time to create artists books and I did manage to make three with very short editions. I put one of them in the auction at the end of the session and it sold really well.





And of course, a big part of my time in there is dedicated to meditate and experience the excellent Bavarian food and beer.




Now back in the studio at home I have to fight hard to keep the magic going. When Erwin Eisch welcomed us to this wonderful school he created he advised us to be free, to keep the hands connected to the heart. That should be my motto from now on. 
And my heart is in Bild-Werk.








No comments: