Wednesday, 30 July 2014

Frauenau reflections

Back now in Dorset and I still don't know where I've been the past three weeks. Teaching at (or just being there) Bild-Werk Frauenau was such an intense experience that I need some time to recover or to understand the effect it will have in me or my work.

In the meantime please take a look at the pictures of the final exhibition.
We decided to create the first Wood Engravers Society of the region. It is called "El Magnificant Spole─Źnot of Wood Engravers of Frauenau".


Gretel's work. As the others had to leave the course earlier for different engagements so Gretel and I tried our best to make the exhibition agreeable. Her work doesn't need any adornments whatsoever. It was an honour to have her as a student.


Mark's work. He pushed me to the edge of my conventional views. Such freedom! 




Vera's work. The ease with which she worked made me suspect that she has done this before. But I also suspect that she will do ANYTHING with a natural skill.



Lucie's work. The new generation. She was quietly in her corner creating, experimenting and producing this lovely pieces.

And me. Uff, I had to work hard the last days to fill my space with something worth showing!






No comments: