Wednesday 30 July 2014

Frauenau reflections

Back now in Dorset and I still don't know where I've been the past three weeks. Teaching at (or just being there) Bild-Werk Frauenau was such an intense experience that I need some time to recover or to understand the effect it will have in me or my work.

In the meantime please take a look at the pictures of the final exhibition.
We decided to create the first Wood Engravers Society of the region. It is called "El Magnificant Společnot of Wood Engravers of Frauenau".


Gretel's work. As the others had to leave the course earlier for different engagements so Gretel and I tried our best to make the exhibition agreeable. Her work doesn't need any adornments whatsoever. It was an honour to have her as a student.


Mark's work. He pushed me to the edge of my conventional views. Such freedom! 




Vera's work. The ease with which she worked made me suspect that she has done this before. But I also suspect that she will do ANYTHING with a natural skill.



Lucie's work. The new generation. She was quietly in her corner creating, experimenting and producing this lovely pieces.

And me. Uff, I had to work hard the last days to fill my space with something worth showing!






No comments: