Wednesday 4 August 2010

in retrospective

I've been invited to take part in a retrospective exhibition of illustration for this year's Children's Book Fair in Mexico city, it is the 30th Anniversary, Good Heavens...

It was fascinating this archeological labour for days, digging in forgotten, buried boxes where I've been accumulating my work. Difficult to decide what to send. Difficult to write about myself without realizing how old I am, how long I've been drawing professionally. But it was nice to see old drawings and remember the process of each book, the conversations with the publishers, the corrections, things like that...

4 comments:

Louise | Italy said...

Fantastic - and what gorgeous work!

tannage said...

Retrospectives are always nice.. gives one a sense of what has been achieved over the years and makes the passage of time a little more fun

diego molina said...

Yo tengo el de Carmela, que te quedó bárbaro.

Mario C said...

Quien conserva, recuerda y tiene memoria