Wednesday 5 March 2008

Artist interview: Colin Moore



I've got an idea. I'm going to interview all my artist friends and put them here for all of you to read. The first one is my Scotsman!

What are you working on now?
I’ve started a new series of linocuts about a place on the Essex coast called Mersea.
It’s full of crazy old house boats and rickety walkways under a big breezy sky.
As usual I am printing editions of completed prints and I have an oil painting frowning at me from across the studio.
I’ve started research for my new book Propaganda Prints and hope to start writing when we get back from Mexico in April.

What is your favourite medium/ technique?
The one I’m working with now.

Describe the most accomplished piece of art you’ve ever made.
It was an amazing ship with twenty three funnels drawn on the lid of a shoebox. I was three years old. It was the first drawing I ever did and is still the best.

Have you achieved happiness?
Yes. I have been happy as often as I have been unhappy. I am happy now.

What’s next?
I have no idea.

No comments: