Saturday 1 August 2009

clouds



It amazes me that very often the elements of my life fuse together at the same time.

My friend Selva is very much into clouds right now and I told her to have a look at the Cloud Appreciation Society and get the Cloudspotter's Guide. This jolly society claims in their manifesto to fight against "blue sky thinking" and the last point in the manifesto reads:

Clouds are so commonplace that their beauty is often overlooked.
They are for dreamers and their contemplation benefits the soul.
Indeed, all who consider the shapes they see in them will save
on psychoanalysis bills.

He he.

And then this morning I got the Milton Glaser's book I mentioned two posts below (yeeeah!) and the first drawings that came to my attention were these ones. (The first four are Mexican clouds).

There is a part in the book when he says:

...When you meditate or clear the mind, you can actually experience your own reality without all the noise that goes on. When I drew a portrait of my mother, when I was seventeen or eighteen years old, I realized, as I shifted my mind to attentiveness, that I had no idea of what she looked like, that her appearance had become fixed in my mind through the years, and as a result of that I could no longer see her.

2 comments:

Mario C said...

cuándo, siempre hay algo en las nubes...

Jazmin velasco said...

Deberías abonarte a la sociedad. Serías un cloudspotteador de primera clase con la orografía que visitas a cada rato tienes un balcón de primera hacia la tropósfera.
Estoy justo en el capítulo de los Altocúmulos, que son las nubes en forma de OVNI y que son las típicas nubes orográficas. ¿Qué tal?