Monday 24 November 2008

goodies



My good friend Marta has just sent me two issues of my favourite, the magnificient, sublime magazine Artes de Mexico.
I need to study this to find where I come from and where I'm going to with my poor new ceramic skills. And look what Octavio Paz wrote there for me:
"The artist of old wanted to be like his predecessors, to make himself worthy of them through imitation. The modern artist wants to be different; his homage to tradition is to deny it."
Uuuuh, I'm going to enjoy this.

3 comments:

Martha, la de siempre said...

Chula Jazmín!! Me alegra que sí te hayan llegado las revistas que tanto anhelabas... Y la cita de Paz me parece perfecta para ti. Anhelo ver pronto tus nuevas piezas de cerámica después de estas lecturas y vistas... Va un abrazo muy cariñoso!

Mario C said...

JVcita, y ahora con qué te pago el trueque... unos granos de café?
Mis saludos

Anonymous said...

Yes, it's so much to learn...and I love it!